Bacon Wrapped Sweet Peppers with Garlic and Herb Chevre
18 sweet mini bell peppers
6 oz. package of Ithíka Acres Creamery Garlic and Herb Chevre, softened
2/3 cup of shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
2 green onions, diced (white and light green parts)
1 pinch of salt and black pepper
18 strips of bacon, sliced in half
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice each of the mini bell peppers in half and discard the seeds and ribs.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the softened Garlic and Herb Chevre, shredded cheese, fresh thyme, green onions, salt and pepper.
4. Stuff each of the mini bell pepper halves with the cheese mixture.
5. Wrap each of the pepper halves with a strip of bacon and secure with a tooth pick.
6. Place on a baking sheet lined with foil and a baking rack and bake for about 45-55 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
7. Serve while warm.