Broiled Feta with Garlicky Cherry Tomatoes and Capers*
*Adapted from, Once Upon a Chef with Jenn Segal
1 container of Ithíka Acres
Creamery Italian Marinated Feta Cheese
2 tbsp. of oil from the Italian
Marinated Feta Cheese jar
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
Sun-dried tomatoes from the Italian Marinated Feta Cheese jar, chopped
10.5 oz. cherry tomatoes, (different colors for visual appeal), halved
1 pinch of salt and pepper
1 pinch of sugar
1 and 1/2 tbsp. of capers, drained
1. Preheat the broiler and set the oven rack in the top position. Place the feta cubes in a small (1.5 quart) baking dish and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly golden, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar; cook, stirring frequently, until the tomatoes are softened and starting to burst, about 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the capers.
6. Scatter the tomatoes around the feta cubes and broil until the feta cubes are softened and browned on top, about 4 minutes. Keep an eye on it as broilers can vary.