For the crust:
2 cups ground gingersnaps
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
6 tablespoons sugar
For the filling:
6 tbsp. unsalted butter
8 oz. Plain Jane goat cheese
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
1 1/4 c. pure pumpkin
1 c. sour cream
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Toss the gingersnaps & sugar together in a medium bowl. Stir in the butter & pat the mixture onto the bottom & halfway up the side of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill the crust in the fridge.
3. While the crust is chilling, grab a large bowl & using an electric mixer on low, beat together goat cheese & sugar. Add in cream cheese & beat for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients & 1/4 teaspoon salt; beat until mixture is very smooth, about 20 more minutes.
4. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake on a rack positioned in middle of oven until set, about 60 to 75 mins. The cheesecake is done when it’s mostly firm but still jiggles in the middle.
5. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate until completely set, 4-5 hours or up to 3 days. Serve with whipped cream, drizzle with carmel sauce, top with chocolate shavings or any combination of the three!